Bharat Forge Kilsta celebrates 100 years of loyal cooperation with Scania.
Major refurbishing, descaler and robot installation in 5000 tonne press line.
Bharat Forge acquired Imatra Kilsta AB along with its wholly owned subsidiary, Scottish Stampings, Scotland. The company name was changed to Bharat Forge Kilsta AB.
Introduction of the refurbished 2500 tonne press line. Investment in machining of steering arms and a new semi-automatic line for finishing of heavy crankshafts.
The 16000 T die forging press line was installed and started production of heavy diesel engine crankshafts and front axle beams. Ancillary heat treatment lines for vertically suspended forgings and up to date finishing and inspection lines were installed.
Installation of mechanical presses for the production of die forgings in big series. Setup of electric induction heating furnaces.
Bofors moved their forging operations to the newly built Kilsta Works.
The first order for forged automotive parts was received from Assar Gabrielsson, who two years later formed the company VOLVO.
The first automotive forgings were delivered to Scania Vabis.
Until 1896 the Bofors company was owned by Alfred Nobel.
Two water-driven hammers were erected at Boo river