History


    2014
    Image without information
    Bharat Forge Kilsta celebrates 100 years of loyal cooperation with Scania.
    2007
    Image without information
    Major refurbishing, descaler and robot installation in 5000 tonne press line.
    2005
    Image without information
    Bharat Forge acquired Imatra Kilsta AB along with its wholly owned subsidiary, Scottish Stampings, Scotland. The company name was changed to Bharat Forge Kilsta AB.
    1997
    Image without information
    Introduction of the refurbished 2500 tonne press line. Investment in machining of steering arms and a new semi-automatic line for finishing of heavy crankshafts.
    1983
    Image without information
    The 16000 T die forging press line was installed and started production of heavy diesel engine crankshafts and front axle beams. Ancillary heat treatment lines for vertically suspended forgings and up to date finishing and inspection lines were installed.
    1958
    Image without information
    Installation of mechanical presses for the production of die forgings in big series. Setup of electric induction heating furnaces.
    1952
    Image without information
    Bofors moved their forging operations to the newly built Kilsta Works.
    1925
    Image without information
    The first order for forged automotive parts was received from Assar Gabrielsson, who two years later formed the company VOLVO.
    1914
    Image without information
    The first automotive forgings were delivered to Scania Vabis.
    1894
    Image without information
    Until 1896 the Bofors company was owned by Alfred Nobel.
    1646
    Image without information
    Two water-driven hammers were erected at Boo river
    BHARAT FORGE KILSTA, Your Partner in Innovation

    CONTACT


    • BHARAT FORGE KILSTA AB
      Kilsta Norra industriv├Ąg 11
      SE-691 37 KARLSKOGA
    • Phone: +46 586-247 200